Program of the RUB Online Spring School Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory
Introduction to Industry 4.0 Basic
What is commonly understood as „Industry 4.0“? How is it actually realised and where is the value?
Product Digitisation and Data-Based Business Models
How do new products benefit from Industry 4.0 and how can it be used to create new business models?
Digitisation in Production
In this part we set the focus on manufacturing environments: how and where to find benefits?
Smart Factory Toolbox
Which technologies are used in Smart Factories?
Smart Factory Tour of the LPS Factory
In this live tour some technologies are shown in the Smart LPS Learning and Research Factory at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum.
Manufacturing Execution Systems
What is a Manufacturing Execution System, what is it used for and how does it feel to use it?
Dr. -Ing. Christian Magnus, Managing Director of nexpro.digital GmbH, has many years of experience in the field of digitization of production environments.
His focus includes supporting organizations in digitizing and automating their production environments, developing and implementing digitization visions and roadmaps and providing methodological support for process optimization and digitization. He has extensive experience in building digitization teams as well as in training and mentoring at all hierarchical levels.
The Ruhr-University Bochum (RUB) is one of the largest universities in Germany. The RUB was very successful in the Excellence Initiative of the German Federal and State Governments (2007), a competition between Germany’s most prestigious universities.
The Ruhr-University has two Clusters of Excellence:
- Countermeasures against these most powerful attackers are the focus of the Cluster of Excellence Cyber Security in the Age of Large-Scale Adversaries, CASA for short.
- In the Cluster of Excellence RESOLV, scientists work in the field of solvation science. RESOLV is an interdisciplinary research project of the Ruhr University Bochum and the TU Dortmund.
Points of interest
The RUB Online Spring School “Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory” is especially interesting for undergraduates of mechanical engineering, but a broad range of students will benefit from a topic this relevant.
Your personal benefits of this Online Spring School include:
- Gaining insights into the digitisation processes of the future
- Learning about the first steps to found a business on your own
- taking part in an international program while being safe at home
- visiting the Learning Factory at Ruhr University Bochum virtually
You will recieve a certificate of the Akademie der Ruhr-Universität
Certificate (containing list of modules, workload and grades for acknowledgment of the ECTS Credits at your home university)